Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Worst: Complainabrags and Explainabrags



I know the title of this post doesn't make much sense, but I don't know what other name to call these people.  A complainabrag is my ripoff of the explainabrag (from the show Community).  Basically, a complainabrag is when someone complains about something only so he/she can later brag about it.

The reason I'm in this mood is because a girl in one of my classes complained about the final on Facebook.  She said she didn't even know why she took the class - making people assume it was giving her difficulties.  So I asked her if she thought it would be hard, but she replied saying it was "the least of [her] worries."  Why complain about the least of your worries?  That's just stupid.  That's like complaining about a pimple on your face when you need to get both of your legs amputated.

Then, after we took the final, she wrote on my wall and asked what I thought of the test.  I was surprised that she wrote on my wall because I never talk to her - the only reason I commented on her status the day before was because I realized we were in the same class.  I don't even say hi when I pass her on campus.  Yet, there she was writing on my wall.  I told her I didn't think the test was bad.  She responded by saying she "completely agreed" and thought it was "quite easy."  Again, she wanted me to know how smart she is.

When I first met this girl, she used an explainabrag to tell me she was the valedictorian of her high school.  I hate people who  are always trying to tell everyone how smart they are.  It's annoying and no one really cares.  Other people are smart, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment