Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Facebook Questions are the Worst


The new Questions feature put out by Facebook is pretty much pointless.  It isn't a feature I will use and I hope it eventually disappears from the website.   It's nowhere as bad as Yahoo! Answers, but the types of questions asked on Facebook aren't even worth answering.  The questions feature just seems sort of childish.  I sure as hell don't want to know my friends' opinions on "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck..." or "Which college is the BEST" (Which have both shown up on my feed today).  It's just a feature that promotes stupidity from people on Facebook - and I've had enough of stupid people on Facebook.

What makes it worse is the fact that literally anyone can add another answer to a question.  If I ask whether people prefer Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, someone can add another answer ("I like Twilight LOL") that doesn't even answer the question.  I've seen questions that literally have 99 answers because people just keep adding stupid things to the list.  In the end, the question doesn't even get answered correctly.  It turns into a shouting match for things that should never be an option in the first place. 

Asking questions are a way for us to gain knowledge.  Facebook Questions is just another feature that allows people to throw their inane opinions at their friends.  If Facebook didn't realize it, the "status" is a feature that already gives users that ability.  I think social networking is great, but I do think that it's getting to a point where information sharing is excessive.  Facebook Questions doesn't do anything new and only promotes stupidity.  If someone can show me a way in which Facebook Questions is useful, maybe I'll change my opinion.  Until then, I think it is a feature that should be removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment